Automated Ultrasonic Testing SystemsAutomated Ultrasonic Testing Systems involves the utilization of very short ultrasonic pulse-waves with center frequencies ranging from 0.1 to 15 MHz and some times up to 50 MHz. These are send into materials to characterize materials or to detect internal flaws. Ultrasonic thickness measurement is the test of measure the thickness of the specimen or test material, such as, to monitor pipework corrosion. Ultrasonic testing is generally performed on different metals and alloys such as steel. Albeit producing less resolution, it is suitable for tests on wood, concrete and composites. It is a type of NDT method or non-destructive testing implemented in many industries including automotive, aerospace and other transportation sectors. Both the receiving and the sending of the pulse waves is performed by transducer in pulse echo mode. When coming in contact with interference, the "sound" is reflected back to the device in this process. Interference may be the wall of the object or the imperfection in the structure of the object. The diagnostic machine delivers results by producing signals of different amplitude to indicate the reflection arrival time and reflection intensity.
- Capable of highly automated or portable operation.
- Automated systems produce detailed images.
- Instantaneous results is provided by electronic equipment.
- More accurate than any other nondestructive methods in determining the thickness of parallel surfaces parts and the depth of internal flaws.
- Detection of flaws deep in the parts due to the high penetrating power.
- Permits the detection of extremely small flaws due to high sensitivity.
- It has other uses, like measurement of thickness in addition to the detection of flaws.
- It is sensitive to both subsurface and surface discontinuities.
- Requirement of minimal part preparation.
- Non hazardous to nearby personnel or operations and has no harmful effect on materials and equipment in the vicinity.
- Owing to the use of pulse-echo technique, only single-sided access is required.
- Some capability of estimating the orientation, size, nature and shape of defects.
Place of Testing
Type of Material
Components of Testing
Correspondence Address : F 22-23, Site C, Surajpur Industrial Area, UPSIDC, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, 201308, India